In this quick tutorial we’ll show you how to change your cPanel password.
- First, go to cPanel.
- Login with your cPanel username and password.
Note: you can reach cPanel by typing in http://cpanel.domainnameexample.com (change domainnameexample to your domain name) in your browser address bar.
- Go to the tab “preferences” and click on “Password & Security”.
You can easily search for functions in cPanel with the search field. Just type in ”pass” (like in the image below) and you’ll find it.
- Type in your old password
- Type in your new password
- Type in your new password again
- Check the strength of your password
- Click on the button to change your password
Optionally, you can click on the “Password Generator” button to automatically get an extra safe password. Remember to copy and paste the generated password to a safe and secure place on your computer.
Congratulations! You’ve now changed your cPanel password.